Is your car's gearbox maintenance-free for life? Is it true that the gearbox is maintenance-free for life? Or is it a "mask" for businesses to make money?
1. Overview of the gearbox
Gearbox is also called transmission and gearbox. Automatic gearboxes are generally abbreviated as AT, and manual gearboxes are generally abbreviated as MT. All automatic transmissions have a "dead cycle". From the moment the new car starts, the automatic transmission starts this cycle until the end of its life. According to statistics, more than 95% of automatic transmission failures are caused by overheating and the occurrence of impurities in the automatic transmission lubricants that have not been replaced for a long time.
Common gearbox types: MT manual gearbox, AT automatic gearbox, CVT continuously variable gearbox, DCT dual-clutch gearbox, AMT mechanical automatic (semi-automatic) gearbox, EVT electric vehicle gearbox.
2. What happens if the gearbox oil is not changed for a long time?
1. Wear: long-term work under high-speed and high-temperature conditions will deteriorate and evaporate, aggravate the wear of mechanical parts, and damage the internal parts of the gearbox in severe cases;
2. Power: a cold car will have weak starting, slow acceleration, high engine speed, and increased fuel consumption, etc.;
3. Shift quality: clutch slippage, jitter, gear shift frustration, shock, etc. are prone to occur during the vehicle driving;
4. The radiator is blocked: the vehicle is prone to non-shifting, high oil temperature, and serious damage to the gearbox during the driving process.
3. What are the benefits of changing gearbox oil?
1. Improve power: After the oil is replaced, the oil circulation blockage disappears or reduces, and the engine power consumed by the electro-hydraulic control system to adjust the hydraulic pressure also decreases or disappears, so that the engine power can be more transmitted to the driving wheels.
2. Reduce fuel consumption: When the oil is replaced, the internal slippage of the gearbox is reduced or disappeared, and the transmission resistance is reduced. The power of the engine can be more efficiently transmitted to the driving wheels instead of being more consumed in the gearbox. In this way, the power of the engine Get more efficient use, thereby reducing fuel consumption.
3. Extend the service life: After the dynamic maintenance of the gearbox, the dirty and degraded oil inside the gearbox is replaced. There is a healthy working environment inside the gearbox, the friction coefficient is restored, the slip disappears or decreases, and the lubrication and heat dissipation performance is restored , The movement resistance of the internal components is reduced, and the wear speed of the components is slowed down; the oil cleaning ability is restored. In summary, intelligent dynamic maintenance can effectively extend the life of the gearbox.
The transmission oil (manual/automatic) is recommended to be replaced in 2 years or 50,000 to 60,000 kilometers, whichever comes first; the repaired transmission or often driving under ravaged conditions is recommended for 1 year or 20,000 to 20,000 For kilometer replacement, the time and mileage shall prevail first.
5. lifelong maintenance-free, untrustworthy!
"Lifelong maintenance-free" gearbox does not mean that there is no need to change oil! The driving environment in most parts of the country is congested, and the transmission oil deteriorates quickly. If it is not replaced in time, the performance of the transmission will decrease or even be damaged! In order to avoid damage claims caused by not changing the transmission oil, it is recommended that you change the transmission oil of your car regularly!